PianoWorld

PianoWorld
Pianoworld site and forums

Acoustic Soundboard

Acoustic Soundboard
Independent acoustic guitar forum

The Clarinet Pages

The Clarinet Pages
The foremost clarinet forum

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Strumalola

 One side effect of my Myeloma or maybe the treatment program I'm in, not sure, is a constant howling in my left ear, like an extreme tinnitus which rises and falls in intensity while staying the same note (around about an Eb) along with other ticking, jangling and creaking noises, which the following day led to complete deafness in that ear, while still having the weird noises listed above. Great so can't hear TV properly, can't listen to music in headphones because it would be all monophonic.

But yesterday I picked up my concert uke, had a little play. Had to stop playing after a short while because the high g was irritating my right ear, which was accentuating the howling in my left. It was like a feedback howl.

So I picked up the baritone instead which is tuned GCEA low G. Much better. Finally an instrument I can play ! (Yet to try guitar. That's next. Had to stop playing guitar because of a fractured left clavicle- too painful!)

So anyway here's a little ditty on the baritone.

No comments:

Post a Comment